Tourism Development Incentive Fund Application
This Calvert County Tourism Development Incentive Fund offers replacement capital to assist Calvert County’s businesses and nonprofits in offsetting certain County support service charges required by Calvert County to support a special event as defined by Chapter 82 of the Calvert County Code.
General Terms and Conditions
- Grants are subject to the availability of funds, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Grant amounts will not exceed Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) per organization, or five (5) grant applications, per fiscal year (July-June), whichever comes first.
- To apply for a Tourism Development Incentive Fund grant, businesses and nonprofits must have first reviewed the Special Events Permit policy and process and have completed and submitted a special events application for the current fiscal year and have received an estimate of Calvert County support services costs required for their special event from the Calvert County Events and Marketing Coordinator.
- Tourism Development Incentive Fund Grant applications must be filed by an adult (18+) at least thirty (30) days prior to the special event.
- Businesses and Nonprofits must be in good standing, as reported by the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation.
- Businesses and Nonprofits must have no outstanding Calvert County violations (i.e. zoning violations), overdue taxes or assessments.
- If awarded, grant funds will be transferred from the Calvert County Department of Economic Development to appropriate county departments and offices to pay fees directly. No money will pass through the applicant organization.
- If the event is canceled, the grant will be null and void.
- The applicant will receive a confirmation or denial letter via email within ten (10) business days of the application arrival date to the Department of Economic Development.
- Once approved, the permittee is responsible for any fees and amounts ($) owed to the county in excess of the Tourism Development Incentive Fund Grant award.
- Once approved, the permittee is responsible for reporting special event attendance numbers and success measures after the event occurs to the Department of Economic Development.
- The Department of Economic Development reserves the right to deny any grant application.
- Any party aggrieved by a decision with respect to a decision on a grant application may seek redress before the County Administrator by filing a notice of appeal that sets forth in detail the basis for the allegation of error within thirty (30) days of the decision.
The business or nonprofit applying for a Tourism Development Incentive Fund Grant must:
- Demonstrate that the special event will create destination awareness for Calvert County.
- Demonstrate that the special event in question has the ability to increase overnight stays in Calvert County.
- Demonstrate that the special event in question has the potential to increase visitor spending in-market.
- Demonstrate that the special event in question will have a measurable positive economic impact.
To view as a PDF, click here for the Calvert County Tourism Development Incentive Fund Guidelines (PDF).
To access the application, click here for the Calvert County Tourism Development Incentive Fund Application.
If you have questions, please call us at 410-535-4583 or email us at email@example.com.